Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Do you think Obed received fair treatment in the mediation?
I think that Obed receives extremely good treatment in the mediation. I do not think its fair to Beth as a matter of fact. Obed displays no remorse throughout the mediation and yet he ends up getting off scotch free. I realize that Beth doesn't want to have her reputation tarnished or go through all the hassle of a lawsuit, and she also doesn't want to admit that she has become addicted to the touch of the real ghost of Nicodemus. Although she doesn't want to go through these things I do not think that she should let Obed off so easily, especially when he is under the personal impression that he did nothing wrong. He shouts and interrupts Beth during the mediation and is only kept remotely calm because of Toloki. At the end of the session Beth is at first ready to just let Obed walk because he shows his 'fake remorse' to her, but Toloki suggests he paint their sorority house. I personally don't think that even this gesture is enough for what Obed did to the girl. He should have had some punishment and compensation of some sort instead of just one of the two. I think he received better treatment then he should have and the mediation was not fair for Beth, she should have stood up for herself better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I completely agree with your stand on Obed and Beth. Obed was treated with extreme fairness with the attitude he went into the mediation with and as for Beth who agreed to have this mediation even though she was the one assaulted got no respect from Obed whatsoever.
ReplyDeleteI agree that is ridiculus for Obed to think he did nothing wrong after his actions. He feels that touching a girl in the way he did was justified becuase of who he was portraying on halloween and that is just plain stupid.
ReplyDeleteI think the same thing. Beth only let him off the hook because she is worried about her reputation. Obed should have gotten some type of punishment at least.
ReplyDeleteI also thought that Obed got fair treatment. I also felt the same way about Beth. I thought she should have stood up for herself rather than just kind of letting Obed get away with it.
ReplyDeleteI was not surprised by this part of the story at all. It's amazing how many sexual assaults go unnoticed every day. A major reason that women who have been raped or sexually assaulted don't go to the police is because they are ashamed, embarrassed and want to forget it ever happened in the first place. This is a result of the power and control a rapist seeks, not just the sexual pleasure.
ReplyDelete